Glorious Masterpiece

                 

Friday, August 10, 2007

Traveling by bus
.

Ever since I came to Sri Lanka I have used bus for very few times. Instead of using bus I always use three-wheeler as medium for transport, we have a hired three-wheeler who is paid monthly so I never use to travel by bus to go anywhere regularly.

Here I am going to share with you a day that I traveled by a bus. I have used bus 4 or 5 times but I don’t have that much skill to follow the steps while using bus. Now you might be thinking that is traveling by bus is a sophisticated one? I have to say “No”. Only thing is to get into right bus and get out for the right place. Also there are things we have to be cautious about. When bus is traveling and if you try to jump on to the bus you have to be very careful about your steps. If you miss the stairs on the bus something serious might happen.

I never Use to jump on to a bus when it is on its move. But I did Jump out when it was on speed. That’s the funny part. And it happened by an accident.

That day I went with two of my Sri Lankan and a Maldivian friend on our way to a shop in Dhehivalla (A district in Sri Lanka). It took around 30 minutes to Dhehiwalla by bus. We were waiting for the Dhehiwalla bus stop.

When the bus stop came to our sight people who are supposed to get out to Dehiwalla bus stop started creating a crowed near the bus door. One of them was me.

Bus was not on its high speed but it was slowing down to stop to one of the Dhehiwalla bus stop. While some of the men already jumped out. I never used to jump out when bus is moving. So I waited for a while for bus to become for a halt. When I knew Bus was on a halt, but all of a sudden when I made my choice of jumping. Bus took a little speed forward. I was shocked when I saw the moving ground and me in the air. Eeheeheh.

When my foot hit on the ground I knew that I was out of my balance. But Luckily I was able to controlle my balance instead of falling to the concrete ground. I took that jump because I thought bus was on a halt. Friends of mine came laughing at me. They knew that I am new to bus. So they didn’t make much joke about what happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home