Glorious Masterpiece

                 

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A frightening night in Srilanka


It was 1: 11am early in the morning of 29th April 2007. I was startled for a loud sound. I waited in shock for the sound I heard. After 10 minutes later power went off. I knew it was not only from my room, it was from whole Colombo (Srilanka Capital). I heard the ‘brmph’ of the bombs as they hit the ground and exploded. I quickly rushed near to the window and looked out side from my room. I felt like I was in a different world and something like a dream. I was freeze. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I see heavy gun firing in the air. I quickly rushed out from my room. By the time my brother and two of the friend’s at home were also awake.

We stayed together. We didn’t even know what to do. We call one person after another. We were in shock, don’t know what was wrong. Neighborhood people were out from their houses. They told that Tamil Tiger are attacking from their war plans. We got scared much more than we were.

After 20 minutes of heavy gun firing everything went normal. Power supply also came back. Quickly we went to see the online news from Internet. It wants be 5 minute, again power supply was cut, same time gun firing started again. We all stayed near the balcony. We can see no light at all only the gun firings in the sky. Crowded black clouds obscure the moon light. So we see only the gun fires. After a few minutes later a Military jet went above our area. We all were word less. We stayed until the morning sunrise. At 5:00 clock we went to sleep. Tamil tiger planes went back after an air strike to a fuel refinery and gas storage facility in Colombo. Last night was really a vivid night.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger nadhee said...

    Omg! that's really scary!! hope the tigers would stop the fighting soon! insha allah!

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hows the things out there now?ok??tc of u guyss..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home